January 16, 2009
I thought I should respond to the ever-asked question, "Do you want a boy or a girl?" I seem to get it a lot and I did with Elsie and I never really know how to answer...With my Elsie, I was just convinced she was a boy the whole time, I never did find out and then when she was born, it was the ultimate, wonderful, heavenly surprise! (This is why I am still thinking that maybe I should NOT find out the sex of this babe). But, I know it would have been just as heavenly if it was a wee boy!
So, I thought it might be interesting to consider the pros (and leave out the cons seeing as there are none when a baby is coming! Boys and girls are equally miraculous). But if I had a choice....hm....what would I decide???
I have thought about it a bit each day when my mind wanders back to my belly and I think, a boy would be wonderful because I could have "one of each", I could use Dad's name "Keith" as the middle name to honour his memory, Mike would have one person like him in the house (and not three females to contend with), I would get to know what it's like to raise a man, Elsie would have a sweet little brother and it would all work out just fine! I am sure there are many more wonderful things that that, but that is the abbreviated version.
If I have another girl, I would get TWO girls, which is wonderful in itself, and the biggest and best part of having another girl would be that Elsie would have a sister (my sister is my favourite!). I also have about three tons of girls clothes so I would be set to clothe this babe for two years with beautiful, hardly worn clothes. So, financially it would be cool (SO practical!). I would be thrilled to have another daughter....I just don't think there is a bad thing about having either! This is great.
And, maybe, because I have dreamed several times about having twins, there is one of each in there! I guess we will know soon enough. (Oh boy, I truly hope there aren't twins coming...! How would I handle that?)
My 18 week ultrasound is on January 28 and this is the highlight of pregnancy! To SEE the heart beating, to see limbs, and a little tiny body living in there....I can't wait! I pray that everything is going just as it should in my belly! I heard the heartbeat the other day and it is higher than Elsie's ever was. She was always abot 140, this little one is about 160!
I guess, we just wait and see. I can't wait to know who I get to love and nurture next.
No comments:
Post a Comment