It has been this way since last Christmas. She LOVES, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Little Bird On My Window, Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, in that order and that order only.
I have sung Little Bird to her since she was tiny, just like my Mom used to do for me, and I wanted to type out the words so they are always remembered. The other three songs, well, we all know those ones! Actually, I have sung Santa Claus Is Coming To Town SO many times that I actually tried to throw in different words around Valentine's Day and Easter, but to no avail.
Elsie has no interest in hearing that Valentine's Day or the Easter Bunny is coming to town!
It is quite sweet that she always wants the same songs. It just goes to show that kids love routine and stability, something we have managed to actually keep in tact at bedtime. Her bedtimes may vary a bit, especially now that the hot summer days have hit, but the routine always stays the same!
Anyway, here are the lyrics to Little Bird On My Window, my all time favourite lullaby.
Little bird on my window will you sing me a song?
When you fly over meadows, will you take me along?
There are beautiful flowers, I can see by my door,
But if I could go flying I could see many more.
So come back to my window
May your song never end
I will tell you a secret
You're my very, best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment