Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mondays Do Not Compare To Sundays.

July 18, 2010.

There is nothing like a family day. Today, we did not do a lot in the early part of the day. We stuck around home, straightened up, Daddy made breakfast (which was AWESOME), we visited with our fabulous neighbours in the sunshine and it was great.

Later on we just did a little shopping and then Elsie and I dropped Daddy and Maddie off at home so we could have some big girl time together. Daddy started on supper and gave Mads a snack while Elsie and I took off to the river and did some serious rock throwing and walking through water. The water was freezing but Elsie had a great time.

It is so great to see how happy she is outside. Not only did I get to relax with my big girl but I got to come home to the smell of someone else's cooking. It was so sweet and so nice. Daddy made two meals today and Mommy just had to keep up with a few snacks for the girls and drinks and that was about it. It was heaven. AND I got to sleep in. Loved it.

My family is my greatest blessing. I wish everyday was as peaceful as Sunday. I love the feeling when we do not have to leave the house for any particular reason except because we want to. It's great.

We will miss daddy tomorrow. That's for sure. Mondays do not compare to Sundays.

No comments: